Sunday, November 10, 2002

Wow. I wrote around 7,000 words yesterday (3,500 of them in the car on my PDA, while on a road trip...) & am up to nearly 29,000 words in my NaNoWriMo novel! I'm stunned that I did that in 9 days! And today I came up with yet a new idea, probably for an early chapter book. I wrote 300-400 words of it in the car on the way to church and then on the way to lunch. Ryan, my 4-year-old, saw me writing (on a small yellow notepad) when we got to the restaurant, and asked if I was writing a book. I said yes, and he wanted me to read it to him. I knew it would fly right over his head, but he was so insistent that I did. And as I predicted, he just looked confused. ;-) It was all about chewing gum, and he barely even knows what that is! But it is interesting that he just assumes I'm writing books! He also writes them himself. He wrote one called Shapes this past week, which he wants us to mail to his best friend.

No comments: