Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I survived my son's pirate party--barely!--and even managed to make this cake for him (I cropped out the busy background):


I wrote some little poems for treasure hunt clues, & to my surprise the kids clamored to read the clues aloud. I think that was the best part of the party. (The treasure they found was a piƱata.)

My son has also survived 7 days of first grade, & seems to be thriving. Even the early mornings haven't been a problem yet! I am very happy with our public school, and with his class and teacher. Meanwhile, my husband interviewed in Florida & apparently did pretty well. He'll probably go back for a second interview, in which case I'd probably go with him to check out the area. But I'm not in a hurry for any decisions to be made! He brought me a flamingo figurine to commemorate my picture book manuscript about flamingos, which I need to submit somewhere soon.

Tomorrow I'm really busy, but as soon as I get a chance I plan to read Sleeping Freshman Never Lie, by David Lubar.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that cake!

I also love Lubar's book. You're in for a treat.

Donna J. Shepherd said...

I'm impressed with your talents! That cake looks great, and I bet it tasted scrumptious.

That would be fun having the kids read your poems aloud!