Sunday, January 08, 2006

My husband's on a plane back to Florida right now--bah humbug. And I have so much to do before our move, I can't stand to think about it. Anyway, we had a pretty Austiny night last night. We had dinner at the original Kerbey Lane Cafe, then went to the university area to see the UT tower all lit up for the national football championship, as shown in my post from January 5. The campus area was swarming with people, hundreds of them, most wearing burnt orange and most taking pictures of the tower. We didn't get out of the car (nowhere to park!), but had our windows down & it seemed like a fun, friendly atmosphere, so I'm glad we took the kids to see it before they forget they were ever Texans! We capped off the evening with ice cream from Amy's Ice Cream, complete with pictures from the photo booth:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just seeing if I really could post a comment without signing up.
Glad you had fun in Austin one last time!